First Six Qualify for NSGA Independent Dealer Program
The team sports industry now officially has its very own certification program that is making every attempt to build up the authenticity and reputations of its team dealer members.
Just last week, the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) unveiled the first six retailers and dealers who have achieved Verified Independent Dealer status.
The NSGA Verified Independent Dealer Program was created to recognize the most qualified and experienced independently owned retailers and dealers. The program is designed to share the benefits of working with an industry expert who delivers unmatched customer service.
Kampus Klothes (Ivyland, PA) achieved NSGA Verified Independent MVP Dealer status. The businesses that achieved NSGA Verified Independent All-Star Dealer status are 2nd Time Sports (Northglenn, CO), Holyoke Sporting Goods (Holyoke, MA), RG Hockey Source For Sports (Romeoville, IL and Fort Wayne, IN), Scholastic Sports Sales (Manlius, NY) and Winning Streak (Dupo, IL).
“There are many reasons these first six NSGA Verified Independent Dealers have been in business for more than 200 years combined,” says Matt Carlson, NSGA president and CEO. “They have used their expertise to provide their teams, athletes, coaches and communities with tremendous customer service and satisfaction. As NSGA vetted the candidates through reference checks with customers and manufacturers, it was clear all six in this group will go the extra mile to make sure their customers have the tools they need to succeed.”
Here is a look at the first six NSGA Verified Independent Dealers:
• Kampus Klothes, led by Tom, Mary and Mike Gonsiewski, started in 1984 in their home’s basement. Kampus Klothes has grown into a complete outfitter of teams at the high school, college and youth levels in the Philadelphia, eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey areas.
• 2nd Time Sports was a natural extension of the involvement in local sports in suburban Denver by Chuck and Anita Adam. In just seven years, 2nd Time Sports has quickly established itself with a full complement of equipment and uniforms.
• Holyoke Sporting Goods has been a fixture in Western Massachusetts for 91 years. Betsy Frey took over the business in 1994 when her father, Ernie Brunault, retired after 40 years and she has continued tradition of brand-name sporting goods at reasonable prices.
• RG Hockey Source For Sports has grown in 25 years to serve the Fort Wayne and suburban Chicago areas in ice hockey thanks to the expertise of owner Greg Peckham. His collegiate playing experience helps ensure players are fitted properly for their skill levels.
• Scholastic Sports Sales has been a Syracuse-area institution for 45 years thanks to Jeff and Wendy Miller and their sons Justin and Josh. Scholastic is a one-stop shop for uniforms and equipment for high schools, colleges and youth organizations.
• Winning Streak has emerged as a go-to source for equipment and uniforms in the St. Louis area since it opened 16 years ago and features a state-of-the-art production facility on site. The leadership of Chris Braun has Winning Streak poised for long-term success.
The Verified Independent Dealer Program originated from NSGA’s Team Dealer Advisory Committee. The “MVP” and “All-Star” categories are based on a variety of criteria, including overall employee experience, years the business has been in operation, sales volume, industry knowledge and expertise. Dealers who meet either criteria level will receive their verification status for a three-year period.
For more information on the NSGA Verified Independent Dealer Program, contact Marty Maciaszek at email@example.com or (847) 296-NSGA (6742), ext. 1260.