BSN and Nike Partnering With A Number of Colleges
Not letting the closing of schools and suspension of athletic programs this spring slow down its quest for exclusive equipment and uniform deals with some major and minor college programs, BSN Sports, in partnership with Nike, recently announced a number of new deals. The agreements, most of which will begin on July 1, 2020, are part of BSN Sports Collegiate Select program that aims to make it a one-stop provider for all collegiate athletic, intramural, club and staff apparel, and equipment to all NAIA, NCAA Division I, Division II, Division III and NJCAA schools.
- Murray State Athletics entered into a multi-year partnership with Nike, serviced by BSN Sports. Through the agreement Murray State Athletics joins the BSN Sports Collegiate Select program, benefiting all 15 sports programs and 320-plus student-athletes. BSN will be the exclusive service provider for athletic equipment, practice and competition gear; while all sports programs will be outfitted with Nike competitive gear.
- Shawnee State has also partnered with Nike through BSN Sports to continue to make Nike the official apparel of SSU Athletics. BSN will also serve as the official equipment provider and Nike will serve as the exclusive outfitter for Shawnee State University’s intercollegiate sports teams.
- Defiance College, an independent, liberal arts-based institution in Northwest Ohio, recently announced that it has entered into a multi-year partnership with Nike through BSN Sports, starting July. Nike will serve as the exclusive outfitter for all 21 of the Yellow Jackets' varsity sports teams. The multi-year agreement includes numerous incentives in the form of discounts and rewards, along with incentives for on-field achievements and additional marketing and promotional opportunities.
- A similar deal has been signed with the University of Indianapolis athletics department that makes Nike the exclusive outfitter for 22 Greyhound varsity sports teams.
- De Anza Athletics announced a five-year partnership with BSN Sports and Nike that will give all 17 sports teams new uniforms and also help provide equipment for the kinesiology department. In an announcement on Twitter, Eric Mendoza, dean of physical education and fitness, said the partnership brings to the entire physical education program together under one company. “It made sense for us to bundle all of our resources to find a company that can service all the things that we’re asking for and at the same time enter into an agreement with Nike,” Mendoza said.
- Most recently, Plattsburgh State Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation entered into a five-year partnership with Nike through BSN Sports Collegiate Select program.